Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fisher

Update:

Fisher will be having surgery tomorrow morning (Tuesday.) He does not require skin grafting, but will have his wounds cleaned and then dressed with a product called Biobrane - which is some kind of synthetic film that will adhere to the burns and assist in healing. The good part is this will make the subsequent dressing changes much easier and less painful. Fisher will go back for a second surgery on Friday for the staples affixing the Biobrane to him to be removed. Then the really hard part begins - he is not allowed to play outside or get wet for the next two to three weeks while the burns heal.

We saw the family this afternoon. In some ways, things seem totally normal - Fisher was snuggled in on Ryan's shoulder, Spencer wanted to play cars with Joseph, and Kirsten and I joked about stupid things...but below the surface you could feel the fatigue and uncertainty. Please continue to keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

********
original post:

If you are reading this, please take a moment and say a prayer for Fisher (see previous blog posts for pictures and videos of this cutie-pie) and his family. While on vacation with his family last week an accident occurred and he sustained some severe burns on his abdomen and arm. The burns are second degree with one part on his arm being third degree. After treatment at the ER, he is being cared for at home by his parents. Kirsten has experience as a burn nurse, so she is capable of the wound care, but that doesn't make it any easier. They should know in the next few days whether or not Fisher will need any grafting on his arm.

Please pray for Fisher's healing, for Kirsten's skill in cleaning and wound care, and for the family as a whole.

I'll update this when I know more.

1 comment:

  1. Katy,
    I just got my first chance to check out your blog. I don't know little Fisher, but you can trust that I'll pray. God can do some amazing things. I just had 2 of my dear friends struck by lightening, and after days of prayer, the doctors are dumbfounded that not only did they live--neither required ANY skin grafts for their burns. All that to say, keep up hope!
    I'll keep dropping by to see what's going on with you, but we may have to do some trading of e-mails to get caught up with each other!
    All my best,
    Debra (Campbell) Risner

    ReplyDelete