The best laid plans of mice and men....
Well. It couldn't last. I had all these grand intentions of keeping up this blog with regular posts...filling in everyone (all three of you who read this) with the daily happenings of our life and it fizzled out. It's weird, because when things happen I find myself thinking "I should put this on the blog" but then I never get around to it. So here are some updates of what's been going on in our lives over the past month or two.
One of the last posts on here talked about some friends of ours who just moved to town. We've been having fun with them since they've settled in. We've done dinner a couple of times. The biggest change is we are now commuting together. We've always been lucky that Joseph and I could drive to and from work together...one of the benefits of working in the same place as your spouse is that it saves gas money! Now with the Butlers living close by, we are all commuting together. Debra works with the two of us and her husband also works in Little Rock. We take turns each week driving. We both have hybrids, so the gas savings are great!
Speaking of cars, Joseph and I sold our second car to my parents. They in turn were able to pass a car off to my brother who was in need of more reliable transportation. Anyone who knows Joseph knows that he LOVES cars. I mean REALLY loves cars. He's not a "gear-head" and all into engines and transmissions. He's into new, luxury, gadget-filled cars. He knows all the makes and models and trims. He can tell with a single glance if the car passing us on the street has factory hubcaps or something aftermarket. He is so observant about things!
We recently celebrated our 6th anniversary! Yea us! We celebrated by spending the weekend in Springfield and stayed at the Walnut Street Inn Bed and Breakfast. That is the place we stayed the day we got married. We also ate dinner at Gilardi's Ristorante which is where we had our rehearsal dinner. The B & B is just a couple buildings down the street from the restaurant so it is nice to be able to walk to and from dinner. And what a meal that was! We love to cook and eat great food, and this is one place that never disappoints.
We also went to Silver Dollar City again to look at the Christmas lights. We went to SDC to look at the lights on our first date and try to go back every winter. This year was a little different because it was nearly TROPICAL weather! Last year we were bundled up in multiple layers, coats, gloves, scarves, hats and still froze our tushies off. This year I was HOT wearing only jeans and a lightweight long-sleeve t-shirt! It was like Christmas in the islands!
Speaking of Christmas, we are fully decorated here. I think this is the earliest we have decorated the house. We put the tree in a different place, changed up whats on the mantle, and got new stockings. It's nice to see some sparkle and twinkle.
Okay, I'm boring myself now...I can't imagine anyone has muddled through this whole thing, but congratulations if you have!
I promise the next post will be more interesting!
Just so you know...I'm always checking your site to see if there is anything new ! I find your writing..fun, refreshing, and interesting too!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know I really enjoy it! xoxo Lana
Aww, thanks Lana! I'm really going to try to post more often!
ReplyDeleteKaty