SNOW! We actually had some snow! Growing up I remember having some big snowfalls. When Joseph and I were dating we had several really big snowstorms that year. But since we've been married I can really only recall one snow with decent accumulation. Oh sure, they will predict winter weather and everyone panics and rushes to buy milk and bread...but we usually end up with a dusting of snow or a little bit of ice....enough to cancel school for a day but not enough to build a snowman. Well that changed this week. It started coming down early Monday morning, but it wasn't that bad really. We went in to work like normal. We don't really get snow days, but the higher-ups will call "inclement weather policy" and that allows two extra hours to get to work - so people can drive slower, etc. If you choose to stay home you end up taking vacation time. Well, after we got to work around 9 something it really started coming down. BIG fluffy snowflakes. Quickly accumulating on the roads. Lo and behold the powers that be decided that "non-essential people" could go home. I've never been so happy to be considered "non-essential!" What is normally a 45 minute drive (1 hour in bad traffic) was a little over 3 and a half hours! We finally made it home safely. We had fun building this snowman.
Joseph had a bad cold for the past couple of weeks. Well, it caught up to me this week. I've spent the rest of the week blowing my nose and coughing. (Consider yourself lucky there isn't a picture of that.) If there was an Olympic medal for snot production I would be a landslide for gold. Joseph has been taking really good care of me. As an early Valentine's he brought me roses this morning.....
...aren't they beautiful?
I've got some great pictures of Fisher to share at some point. We kept him for a night last month while his parents took Spencer to Branson for his birthday. What a difference a year makes! I'll have to do a side-by-side comparison. But those pictures and stories will have to wait until next time....I promise not to wait another month before posting!
Happy Valentine's Day everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment